Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Panel power supply issue

zgabor

I have a quite new LED panel which was working properly for 2,5 days. The led panel contains 130 pcs white LED in series. Now there is only ~7-8 mA flowing through the LED strip. Here is the actual power supply:
1701201850339.jpeg
1701201896084.jpeg

The output without load is ~495 V DC (which would cause 3.8 V drop on every every white LED). If I connect the power supply to the led strip, the voltage will be dropped and its around 340 V and the brightness is very low. I've tried to replace the capacitors on the circuit and checking resistors, diodes. I have also tested the LED's with power supply and resistor.

I don't really have idea what can cause this huge voltage drop. Any idea about this issue?
Thanks!

What voltage was on the 450V Cap? Can you list the IC specs/datasheets? Did the torroid crack? Any transient protection?

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back