Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'virtual wall'

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricano

helloo. i wan to build a robot that will only move in confined area. i have done some researches. i found that the 'virtual wall use in automatic lawn mower 'ROBOMOW' and the autonomous vacuum cleaner 'Roomba' meet my specifications.

can anyone tell me how to build the similar thing? or any other methods apart of these?

I'd try an infrared LED shining through a slit. The light comming through the slit forms your "wall". The "wall" light can be detected by a number of phototransistors around your robot. This should work with Visible LED's as well- which might make aligning your LED and Slit easier.

Brent

does anyone have the better IR transmitter and receiver circuit? i have tried some of the circuit on the internet but the detection range is very short.

and

anyone know about the virtual wall used for the ROBOMOW?

they just put wire around the lawn and turn on the switch.how does it actually work and what is the concept behind it?

if i want to build the similar system,how does it look like?what type of sensors that i need?

anyone knows?plz tell me

They probably run a certain frequency signal through the wire. The wire works like an antenna braodcasting the signal over short distances. A simple inductor can be used to detect the signal- more amplitude = closer to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back