Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video sender

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one I designed and built a couple of years ago. It transmits about 550MHz (~Ch30 UHF).
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2229740740048941318spQqHK

It's not crystal locked, so it can drift a little as it warms up, or if it is not in a metal case.

This is for Australian PAL 5.5MHz audio subcarrier.
If you're using it for UK PAL or NTSC, then a different transformer for the subcarrier is recommended, but I do know it still works fine using almost any IFT around that band.
The entire audio circuit can be omitted if you do not need audio. I'd used this circuit in a model rocket without the sound to keep it small.

The circuit is about 20 years old, and these days ceramic filters are available to clean up the audio subcarrier and help prevent herringbone interference.
434MHz SAW oscillators are also very stable and the oscillator can easily be substituted for something like a crystal locked buttler oscillator or PLL etc.

There's no pre-emphasis on the video, or sync stretching. It is designed to be ultra simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back