Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teaius

Hello

I have a computer with a NVIDIA geforce fx go5200 graphics card.

I want to connect the output to the TV via a 4 pin S-Video cable. Unfortunatelly the card's output has 6 pin, it looks like exacly as the keyboard input and PS/2 mouse input.

I can't find 6 pin to 4 pin adapter for svideo, I only can find 7 pint to (4 pin svideo+RCA) adapters so I decided to do it myself using an old keyboard. Do anybody know how should I connect the pins between the output and 4 pin svideo and if I would need to use extra components like capacitors etc.?

Thank you.

just after a quick google; **broken link removed**

If you wanted to make one, just look, for pinous, and wire it up.

Then just hook up an rca connector to the composite pins (the outside is ground, i think).

I wanted to do it with s-video, my first idea was to use an old mouse and keyboard, cutting the cables and joining them correctly. Finally decided to do it with an old unused male-female PS/2 cable, because with mouse and keyboard some pins were missing.

Thank you for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back