Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Hi
I need a circiut or an ide to help me with a build.
Im going to amplify composite video and are looking for a way to detect if there is input to my box.

Does anybody have any ide how to do this.

I was thinkin about usin a standard transistor as a switch to the amplifier but i dont know if i get enough voltage out of the camera to make it trigger.

Use LM1881, EL1881, or EL4581 to get from “video” to TTL levels. (0 to 5Volts) As Nigel pointed out look for signals/no-signals on the H. Sync pin.
OR
The EL4583 Has a “no video” output.

Ok i should have said that i am going to use this in a cabin where there are only 12v solar power so low current is essential.

My plans are to use the detector insted of power switch.
Is that possible?

Ahh I see I forgot to say that its for a amplifier. Need to get the signal 30 - 40 Meters away from the scource

(sorry for my bad english, Im norwegian)

Well ive just foundout where the amplifier are going to be placed. Under the cabin itself and it will have two scources to switch between, both going on the same line out from the amp.

Im going to use TI's OPA2690 (soic 14 pin with disable) so im looking for a easy way to detect either input a or b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back