Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHF/UHF tv antenna circuit request

Status
Not open for further replies.

john b

hello everyone, can someboby send me give me an idea of designing a UHF/VHF antenna for my tv please

john b said:
hello everyone, can someboby send me give me an idea of designing a UHF/VHF antenna for my tv please

There are loads of aerial/antenna plans and designs on the web, try searching via google!.

However, it's hardly cost effective to build your own, you can buy decent aerials quite cheaply.

To help with your search you might add 'log periodic' - as this might help narrow your search. It seems like the typical commercial TV antenna is a combination of VHF and UHF log periodic designs.

Since you didn't say directional then it would seem that simple rabbit ears would qualify but that's not really something you design. A 'discone' antenna is kind of like an omni-directional version of the log periodic - very wide bandwidth with some gain as compared to a simple dipole. Discones are often used for scanners and might work well for television service, especially if you aren't too far from the transmitting stations.

I agree with Nigel in that you probably can't purchase the materials for less money than a complete antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back