Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL and VLSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklim

:D Hi! What is VHDL and VLSI and what is diffrent between them? Is it need any software to do VHDL and VLSI and what is the software? Can you recomemd some useful website to me to learn VHDL or VLSI? Thank you first for your kind help.

VLSI : Very Large Scale Integration - a big integrated circuit

VHDL : VLSI Hardware Description Language - a language to design big ICs

VLSI isn't a language. Xilinx.com has free VHDL design software for use with their CPLDs and FPGAs. Its called ISE Webpack. Altera also has free VHDL software. If you know C Verilog is a HDL that is based on C - it might be a bit quicker to learn.

To be correct:

VHDL = Very High Speed Integrated Circuit Hardware Description Language
It is a very locical language somewhere between Assembler and C (but closer to Assember in some senses) It is a way of describing an extreamly complex logic circuit in a higher language. It is written with (true) mutliple threads in mind. One event can "clock" multiple other events in parallel

and as stated
VLSI = Very Large Scale Inegration
It is more of a physical decrition of what technology is used to construct an Integrate Circuit

projects related to vhdl and vlsi

im am a student of final year of b.tech in electronics and comm. i want to make a gud project based on vlsi or vhdl or fpga or cpld. and i am not finding a way out. plzz sm1 help me out cz m left with jst 6 days. plzz and give me full idea hw 2 make, wt 2 do..and where shd i get the material. plzz help me out.. plzz

need project

i need a project which is based on totally on vhdl .....but it shoule be little complicated .
so can you tell me about it.

thank you....

Related Books

Refer these books to get 'birds eye view'' on VHDL & VLSI,

J Bhasker - VHDL Primer
John P Uyemura - Introduction to VLSI Circuits and Systems

Last edited:
Please use new thread to ask any question regarding your interest. Don't hijack other's thread.
It's my kind request and also gives more attention for your queries.

quartus and modelsim and muxplus are software that can support vhdl code.and vlsi software are cadance and hspice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back