Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

very interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

I was playing with my superregen, and after modifying a few components, I managed to get whitenoise. It seems that my circuit now follows closely to this circuit:

**broken link removed**

which can be found at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colpitts_oscillator

The difference between thecircuit shown and my circuit is that my R1 is 15 ohms instead of 2.2K. I have been playing with the values, and it seems that the higher values reduce volume (or gain). My Q1 is a 2N3904, My C3 is a 4.7nF, because I'm afraid that high values will not allow weak stations in. R2 is omitted because a source claims that a low value for it reduces sensitivity. My R3 is 120K. 10K can't provide enough gain for me. My C1 is to be consistently adjusted. It is between 10 and 22pF. Ditto for C2.

At Vout, all I have connected are my amplification stages.

Overall, this circuit design saved me an inductor, and a resistor. Now if I can get some way to tune it without a trim capacitor (stick my counter circuit in), I should be then rolling.

if someone has a suggestion, now would be an excellent time to spit it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back