Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Varying current

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you're right, but as you know, the led string voltage of that is only 22v as you indeed noted.
I think Gregory has a fixed load, as in the one that Greg posted earlier on in this thread.
Is load modification a possibility for Greg?

Since you have an infinite heat sink (the ocean) something like this might work. The FET and sense resistor would need to be mounted to the case, but the circuit is easy.
If it is likable we can discuss dimming. :D

Attachments

• ccled.png
    ccled.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 156
Regarding the ccled circuit above, with vin=42v,and iled=7A, and Vled=30v, As you know we see 75W dissipation in the fet and 5w dissipation in the sense resistor. (as shown in the below schematic). I appreciate that you already know this, and that we must present Greg this circuit in case Greg does not want to lay out a pcb......though that is a fair bit of power there....We possibly hope nobody accidentally switches it on when its on dry land.

Having said that, at vled=30v, and iled = 7A, there is 210W dissipation from the LEDs alone, so I suppose an extra 75W is not so bad.

You have to suspect that at these dissipations of the led bank, non sharing of current will creep in and the leds will go bang

Attachments

• ccled_simulation.asc
    2.8 KB · Views: 132
Have a quick look at the latest circuit I posted above. It doesn't have that drop out problem.

Hi Cicero

My heart just want's to burst when I see something good coming out of South Africa. Having you here and active and posting makes me proud.

Me, very Negative :mad:. But I have probably been around the fodder here too long....Eight Years is a long time stuck in the midst of this...

Elon Musk (South African) and Tesla released this Video that is busy going Viral....

Warning...strong language.

Last edited:
Regarding the ccled circuit above, with vin=42v,and iled=7A, and Vled=30v, As you know we see 75W dissipation in the fet and 5w dissipation in the sense resistor. (as shown in the below schematic). I appreciate that you already know this, and that we must present Greg this circuit in case Greg does not want to lay out a pcb......though that is a fair bit of power there....We possibly hope nobody accidentally switches it on when its on dry land.

Having said that, at vled=30v, and iled = 7A, there is 210W dissipation from the LEDs alone, so I suppose an extra 75W is not so bad.

You have to suspect that at these dissipations of the led bank, non sharing of current will creep in and the leds will go bang

Yes, I understand, but I have little hope of him being able to build the switcher.
The battery voltage will quickly drop from 42 to 37 so in the long run not so bad.
Yes, I suspect if out of the watter the whole thing would be melted plastic. :woot:

Youre right, it all depends on whether Gregory can get the PCB done.
I suspect that firstly Gregory should use one of your linear circuits and just check that that led load doesn't actually blow up when its carrying 7A due to non current sharing between the paralleled led strings.

So good to see you helping and not asking questions Flyback:)

Believe in yourself. Always.

Regards,
tv

FLYBACK could you post the buck lead driver in jpg or PDF as I can not open the file asc. Post 94
Thank you.

Hi Cicero

My heart just want's to burst when I see something good coming out of South Africa. Having you here and active and posting makes me proud.

Me, very Negative :mad:. But I have probably been around the fodder here too long....Eight Years is a long time stuck in the midst of this...

Elon Musk (South African) and Tesla released this Video that is busy going Viral....

Warning...strong language.

Nice to be part of this small community that's so knowledgeable. What's great is that people have different expertise, and levels of experience, so its a fantastic place to learn.

Haha, what a vid.

I'm the same as you at times, South Africans like to complain, but can be a patriotic bunch as well at the same time.

just got to this thread, it has for some reason stopped auto telling me that this post (or any other) has new replies....ill post you the schem.
-gmail has started putting "watched threads" in the spam folder of gmail, I need to work out how to correct that...ok sorted now, just click "not spam"

Attachments

• Schematic_HV9910B.jpg
    Schematic_HV9910B.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Switch mode led driver _HV9910B_6.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Nice to be part of this small community that's so knowledgeable. What's great is that people have different expertise, and levels of experience, so its a fantastic place to learn.

Haha, what a vid.

I'm the same as you at times, South Africans like to complain, but can be a patriotic bunch as well at the same time.

Heya Cicero

Stuck here we are. But some great people out there that more or less know our stuff here.

I am a bit of a rebel here...so don't worry about me. Man on a Mission. That's my way.

Regards,
tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back