Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Valeo Alternator wiring

avz

I have this Valeo 9624137680 2541840C A14VI16 150A alternator. it has two terminals, +B and +D. I would like to drive it from an electric motor so that it will provide DC 14Volts. could you please tell me/draw a sketch how to wire it?

Attachments

• alternator.jpg
    alternator.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 211
You need a battery. Alternators usually won't work or they won't be stable without a battery.

The battery negative goes to the frame of the alternator.
Battery +ve goes to B+
Between battery +ve and D+ you need a switch and a lamp in series, to simulate the ignition switch and the alternator warning lamp. I suggest a 2 - 6 W incandescent bulb. The lamp will glow when the switch is off and the alternator is not running. That is providing the field current to get the alternator running. Without that current, a lot of alternators won't start.

Alternators are designed to be run up to about 15000 rpm. You should run the alternator at 5000 rpm or more to get the maximum current from it.

A normal power supply will be quieter than an alternator.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back