Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using oxygen sensor.............!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolby86

hi
i m a final year diploma student in Industrial Electronics

havin an idea 2 use the oxygen sensor in crucial areas such as mining n underground places were oxy in essential element

wanna know bout the oxygen sensor n efficiency!
wish 2 implement the idea as the project

waitin 4 suggestion
many thaks

I am sorry but I know nothing about oxygen sensors, but I have a suggestion which I hope you will give serious consideration.

While the English language has some obsure (illogical and stupid?) spellings for many words, they are all well documented in various dictionaries.

It is not helpfull for people who do not speak fluent English to try and decode the "cool jive talking text speak" as you have used in your post.

You are a student, soon to become technician/engineer, clear written and spoken communication is very important if serious error are to be avoided. Please remember this and you will be remembered well by those who read your reports, rather than them think "oh, what this drivel from that little oik!"

Pedantic Mode /off

JimB

Oxygen sensors

For a wad of easy-to-digest information try looking for internet information on car lambda sensors.
All the oxygen gas sensors I have seen use some form of zirconium cell running at something like 400 degrees Celsius.

If you are planning on using such a device in mines ther could be some issues with explosive gasses ?

Other devices that have been used in mining in the past include ...
canary - falls off perch when oxygen level falls
Davy lamp - flame quality changes for gasses - goes out for lack of O2

It IS your diploma, you need to show some sign of having actually done something yourself, if I wanted to do a diploma I would enroll.

Dolby, unfortunately, others have already developed your idea, and gas detectors are in common usage in mines, and other confined spaces around the world.

We routinely use them at work - our detectors have 4 sensors:
1 - Oxygen concentration
2 - Explosive gas concentration
3 - Hydrogen sulphide
4 - Carbon monoxide

Have a look at **broken link removed**
We use the Draeger MiniWarn.

Here is an example: a galvanic O2 sensor...

Attachments

• ao2_446.pdf
    67.7 KB · Views: 330
You might also wish to search the many SCUBA websites
(Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus) the keyword to use is "rebreather". The technology has a crossover application in mine safety.

Search hard enough and you will find information on the sensors used (incidently they are low voltage and do not run at high temperatures)circuit diagrams, care and storage instructions for when they are not in use as well as a whole plethora of medical information relating to the bodys reactions to oxygen at varying concentrations and pressures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back