Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

user interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinky

hi everybody,

i am designing a PI controller using pic16f877.This is used for temperature controller. For PI I have to define P&I constants and setpoint from outside. give me an idea to design a user interface to view current values of P&I constant and to change from user interface is needed.

thanks for your timely help

pinky said:
hi everybody,

i am designing a PI controller using pic16f877.This is used for temperature controller. For PI I have to define P&I constants and setpoint from outside. give me an idea to design a user interface to view current values of P&I constant and to change from user interface is needed.

thanks for your timely help

How about an LCD text display and a keypad, you could use a menu system to select different options. Depending on how many keys you use on the keypad, you could either enter values directly, or just have UP, DOWN, BACK and ENTER keys. Once the values have been entered they could be stored in the 877's EEPROM area and restored when the PIC powers up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back