Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to TTL signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ev0LuT|0N

Hi, I'm currently doing a project using rs232 to communicate with computer, and the circuit contain a MAX232 IC which will convert my rs232 signal to TTL signal, but now I want to change the input from rs232 to USB cable, due to project's requirement are concern about cost, I prefer not to convert USB->rs232->TTL, and I also read some of the article said that it might affect the synchronous.
Then i found that, there is an IC FT232 are able to convert USB->TTL
But before I try it on my circuit, i need some advice, is it possible for this type of conversion?
is there any precaution step for this?

thank you.

Last edited:
The FT232RL worked fine for me. Be aware that you'll have to solder an SSOP28 chip into your board or presumably on an SMD-to-DIP adapter.
Also, you'll have to install some drivers on your PC in order to create a virtual COM port.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back