Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Usb - Rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Does anyone know how this is connected?
My adapeter has gone all coroded (dont ask me how)

I would like to just cut the cable and atache a new db9 plug

all the magic is in the db9 plug, so if you cut it off, you're done.

the damn things are usually sealed in some sort of rubber too, making it very hard to service them. try your best to cut open the DB9 connector and then you can solder on a new usb cable.

Well its the db9 plug thats shot. But ill give it a try. My has a plastic casing (solid of corse..) Ill also try to make a schematic to post here if others need to do similar things....
or if you want to make something that are meant to be RS232, to USB :)

I suggest, as anyway you need to rewire it, cut it 2" below and slightly open the cable and remove wires' insulation, perhaps you can buzz the wires and note down data.

It would be easy to rewire exactly on a fresh DB9.

Yes the new DB9 is easy and its the part that i need to replace.
After opening the boks on the DB9 end i was a bit suprised to find that amount of electronics inside

So the resolder is really easy i can see

Kryten said:
Yes the new DB9 is easy and its the part that i need to replace.
After opening the boks on the DB9 end i was a bit suprised to find that amount of electronics inside

So the resolder is really easy i can see

What exactly is this cable? i suppose it like PIC programming cable or 89s51 programming cable?

Well i dont know what that look like but here is a couple of shoots I just took to show you all:

The first is th reason why I opend it and the other two are from inside the cable ENJOY

Attachments

• usb-serie1.jpg
    usb-serie1.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 214
  • usb-serie3.jpg
    usb-serie3.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 228
  • usb-serie2.jpg
    usb-serie2.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 224
Nice Job Kryten and thanks.

A lot of components. Perhaps now you can replace the DB9 male connector alone carefully and pack it back, and seal it with some superglue. If you have access to an hot-air gun, your job is simple.

I was anxious to know, what actually this cable does. what is at the other end? An USB? or RS232 with tx, Rx and common?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back