Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help pls stuck with usb to serial chipset driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elkariaa

hi all,
i just bought a usb to rs232 converter but without a driver or any specifications of the chipset on it, i tried some prolific driver on it but didn't work.
some driver worked i got the port but not any communication with equipement.
then tried to cherche the manufacteror, i found it is Shenzhen Reday Electronics Limited with the usb-rs232 : https://redaytech.en.made-in-china....ina-USB-to-RS232-Cable-0-9m-R-USB-RS232-.html
But no specifications on it. Just ask if somone know it or have date sheet for it, that can help me with the chipset model or reference will be so gratful.
or some tips to know it with some fireware
with unknown device i have this :
+
Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port
Vendor: Prolific
PnpID: usb\vid_067b&pid_2303
but it can't be it because no one of the prolific pilotes worked on it.
thanks for your help

Hi,
You have posted a link for a USB to RS232 converter, but your 'specification' is for a USB to Serial Comm converter, which version are you using.?

I use the USB to Serial comm, [ with the Prolific Driver ] which has TTL levels on TXD and RXD.
A RS232 specification is for a bi polarity RXD / TXD of approx, typical +/-9v.

What do you have connected at either end of the converter.?
E

good morning,
thanks for your replay but in the installation i follow there is no defference between usb to rs232 and usb to serial port on specifications here is the link https://plugable.com/2011/07/05/ins...usb-to-rs-232-db9-serial-adapter-on-windows-7
exepte that i didn't get usb-serial conroller d on it, i maked some recherche on chines manufactror i found that they use chipset ch340 and used prolific drivers but non of the tow driver worked that mean i have unknown chipset that i have to found he model or reference to get the right pilot :p
and want some hint if it can be identified
i want to flash a dreambox 500s i have the usb -rs232 converter connected to DB9 Null-cross over cable and conneced to my dreambox when use my feeware to flash it i have no communication betwen my pc and my dream box.
the communication need only 3 pins:
Receive Data RD
Transmit Data
TD
Signal Ground
SG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back