Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Up/down Decade counter using D Flipflop

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone help me with the schematic..
at least for 0-9 only?..
help please...

hi,
Look at Fig# 1 on page 3 of this datasheet, it will give you an idea of whats required, its not a simple task.

Attachments

• cd40192b.pdf
    682.5 KB · Views: 355
this is a college assignment sir... basic Digital design sir.. I want to minimize my circuit as small as possible using less IC.. but using only D Flip flops

the link you've posted is from 0-15 sir..
thank you sir for your response, I appreciate it ..
I need one that counts from 0-9 only and vice versa

Ask yourself 'How do I know if the count is 9 or 0, so as to stop the counting ?' and 'How can I reset the counter to 0 or 9 and restart counting?'

If you understand the operation of AND and OR logic gates then you should be able to determine how to detect when the counter is at 0 or 9 and generate the appropriate action.

Last edited:
yes, i do have a schematic, of "D flip flop" up down counter 0-99, but it is too large..., i want to minimize it, i've already used MUX to minimize it...still, it's large for me.. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back