Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown (to me) symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

What is this?

1634132347495.png

Basic info on MOSFETs -

Regards, Dana.

Its same symbol like this (but on this image its just zoomed out)
112494.jpg

Nor does it look exactly like any of these:
1634164954716.png

Nor these:
1634164993192.png

Nor these:
1634165037002.png

In fact, it doesn't match ANY symbol on ANY of these pages of symbols:
1634165489379.png

And I'd already checked that lot BEFORE posting.

Attachments

• 1634165076685.png
    1634165076685.png
    543.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
the problem is, it's not marked for polarity... it's neither N-channel, or P-channel... it's either a printing error, or it's something that doesn't exist. the dot showing the connection between the source and bulk is actually fairly commonly shown in print.

the problem is, it's not marked for polarity... it's neither N-channel, or P-channel... it's either a printing error, or it's something that doesn't exist. the dot showing the connection between the source and bulk is actually fairly commonly shown in print.
Yes. The same symbol is used in a whole bunch of different circuit (pseudo) schematics that I'm looking at; hence I didn't want to post a complete circuit as I don't want the discussion to be about any particular circuit.

I think the only interpretation is "a generic mosfet suitable for your specs for a circuit of this type".

Which is fair enough, but as I'd never seen half of the variations of mosfet symbols (enhanced bulk ujt etc.), I thought it worth asking just in case it was some obscure, but clearly defined animal.

I think it is some wise guy trying to coin a new symbol for a MOSFET. Using what looks like a pipe fitting to join two lines and thinks he doesn’t have to show polarity.
If it was obvious, you wouldn’t have to ask “What is this?”
Since you can’t find it on any chart or reference, that tells me it is not official.
It is like people making up their own acronyms or using new ones without defining them and expecting us to know what they are talking about. When they use them in a thread title, I just scroll on.

Last edited:
Does he use pipe tees and other plumbing fixtures to make connections in the rest of that schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back