Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UM91214B equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

say_hoe

Is anyone know what is the equivalent IC of UM91214B and KT3170??UM91214B is dual tone multi frequency(DTMF) generator.KT3170 is a DTMF to BCD converter. What is the manufacturer of those IC? Where can I get them? Thank you.

UM...is from United Microeledtronics Corp.,KT.. from Samsung,but discontinued. For DTMF decoding i recommend MT8870 from Zarlink.
UM91214 have stand-alone feature:the mixed tone+pulse redial. If You don`t need these function, use MT8880.

If you don't find the above mentioned ICs for DTMF generation, you can also use UM95089. And CM8870 for decoding.

hi all,

does anyone know how to interface UM91214B to a computer.
cant i directly connect it.

also is there any difference between UM91214A and UM91214B ?
please dont suggest any other dtmf chip as none else is available here.

thx in advance

Pradeep K. Shima

Hi,
Connect the switch inputs of UM91214 to the data pins of your parallel port. Give proper 1 and 0 signals to these pins as if you are simulating a matrix key-pad. Thats it. Nothing more is required.

hi kinjal,

u mean if i want row 1 and col 1 dtmf tone,
i simply put 1 on both the row 1 and col 1 pin ?

thx a lot,
bye

hi kinjal,

u mean if i want row 1 and col 1 dtmf tone,
i simply put 1 on both the row 1 and col 1 pin ?

u sure. i read somewhere u r supposed to short the
required row and col pins. this wud mean that some current flows
into and out of the pins. wont that blow up the parallel port ?

thx a lot,
bye

You can make this only with optocouplers or analog switches. When a button pressed on a crosspoint, started a scanning, (outputs producing shifted phase square wawe) and this signal go to input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back