Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to be more specific on what you want to do. A ultrasonic trancducer and LM311 voltage comparator really doesn't tell us much about what you want the circuit to do. The more details you give, the more likely you will find help with your circuit. Most people won't go to the trouble of posting, ley alone digging up a circuit, if you are more then likely to state that it's not what you wanted.

Can anyone just give any schematic without ic.

Can anyone just give any schematic without ic, jus by using transistors, capacitors and resistors.:confused:

Joey, plug the leads of the transducer into a breadboard. Plug the LM311 in. Connect the rows of the 311 and the transducer appropriately. You may need some additional components but nothing will happen until you hook up a battery.

*ahem*

If you plug the transducer in backward, will it be damaged? Also, can I use a car battery, or will I need to add a resistor in parallel? :)

Back to the circuit...

What are you trying to do with the transducer? Sonar, range finder, remote control, scare the neighbor's cat, ect...

Harvey, it'll show you the distance upside down. You'll need to use a phased transflux inducer to invert the signal 360° As for the car battery, make sure you install a high capacity fuse between the two posts and install a choke in series with a 555 timer attached to that resistor.

And on my own ranging ideas, anyone have a (preferred) parts supplier suggestion for an inexpensive ~10cm - ~10m and a ~1m - ~50m ranging circuit module? I'd like to put 1-wire solutions in at the fore/aft of my vehicle to serve different purposes.

I.e. parking for the first, possible collision alert for the 2nd (fast delta).

Wow, this is getting complicated, maybe a PIC would be better (be a shame to sacrifice an AVR chip like this), hear they give off a great deal of smoke, occasionally flames. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back