Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic device

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrotechfun

I have to realize an ultrasonic circuit for revealing defects in materials. Can u suggest me any book or link where I can learn how to design the schematic?

The basic principles are the same as with car parking distance sensing or marine sonar etc., but at much shorter ranges and so much faster timing.

A couple of examples to show the principles:

Typical ultrasonic systems for use in air work usually work at around 40KHz. That may be OK as a demonstration of the principle in large objects, but you likely need to use much higher frequencies for short range detection of small flaws in metal fabrications.

The possible flaw size and distance resolution of such a system are proportional to the wavelength of the ultrasonic signal in the medium it is propagating through.

eg. Some ultrasonic medical imaging systems use 5 MHz, to give very fine resolution.

I would go straight to explore user/technical manuals of commercial equipment dedicated to survey welding work.

atferrari , I Need a simple block diagram for understanding how to generate an ultrasonic signal and how to receive It,with analogic components,
My best suggestion was on my previous post. Did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back