Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

raedbenz

hi,,
i have got an ultrasonic transducer from a Mercedes Car,,it has 3 wires(its brand is Bosch),,,
how shall i connect it ??,,,any schematics ??

oh,,sorry
i want to know which one is Vcc ,Gnd & Vo,,
also i want to use it as a range finder(detecting)..
i hope that is useful..
thanks

Check the wiring diagram of the Mercedes car you got the transducer from and see it's function and pin diagram. I think it's used for measurement of air flow

its not for air flow..its for range detecting used for Parktronic system,,
so how do we connect transducers(3 wires) ?shall i use a 40khz or more clock,
(no datasheet availabe for it)

The transducer is came off the Parktronic system, and you wish to build a similar circuit for vor vehicle? Not sure how that would work with just one. The speed of sound is pretty quick, to send out the signal, then recieve it on the same device.

Is there a part number? Did the Partronic system have a model number? Is this a common option on Mercedes cars? Really need some specific information on the part, otherwise its of little use.

i really appreciate your efforts,,
but the transducer i got it from a scrab,no datasheet available, only thing i know is that it is manufactured by Bosch for Mercedes Cars,and it is a common option,,,
and i think its transmitter and receiver(both integrated in one package)

Attachments

• Image009.jpg
    Image009.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 198
Sorry, but you need to find out more about it before you can use it. Whats a 'scrab', not familiar with the term.

From the photo, who knows. maybe it already contains the driver circuit, and two leads for power, third lead is the signal out to what ever alerts you.

There are two possibilities: raw transducer or complete unit. The Mercedes wiring diagram should tell you. raw transducers will probably not connect directly to +V and gnd. It will connect to one or the other, probably gnd.

I would bet that it's a complete unit similar to the PING. You should be able to figure out what is +12, gnd and signal. Once you figure that out, wire it up and then watch the signal on the signal line. an oscope is very useful here.

How about visiting a nearby Mercedez dealer's service shop? They'll give you the proper wiring for the sensor.

I did some searching on Parktronic. Don't think a dealer would give anything for free. Never found anything for changing one yourself, no single units for sale. Apparently, mercedez owners don't usually get their hand's dirty...
Lot of complaints about the system.

I'm thinking this unit self contained, and outputs a digital signal or pulse. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a couple to play with, unfortunately not many mercedez left parked around here...

Saw mention of these sensors in the $35-$40 range, also somebody mentioned a dealer charged $400 to replace one (and they didn't even think that was bad).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back