Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Circuit Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryram67

I am using 5 ultrasonic motion detectors. I want to be able to construct an alarm circuit with some catches. The ultrasonics will output 5V when there is something in the way. I need help with a circuit that will output different voltages depending on which motion detector goes off. The only way I could think of doing this is to have 5 inputs and 5 outputs. If the detector goes off, the corresponding output will go high. I can then use voltage regulator, FET, and resistors to get the different output voltages I need. Can this happen? Is there a way to do it with IC's? Is this possible with a PIC? I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Other notes: I am using the common ultrasonic motion detector kit that you can find on every circuit website. I has a latch on and an auto reset. This also adds to my dilemma. I don't off hand know how to reset the detectors once they latch on. I know I am going to have to do this because I only want one detector on at a time.

Is there any reason why you need different voltages ?

Sounds like (no pun) you need a multiplexing scheme that will turn on each ultrasonic transmitter/receiver pair one at a time in sequence with a slight delay between each one. Then you wouldnt need different voltage levels. The software in the PIC would know which pair is at a given time interval and if it had detected anything. Would take some experimenting to get it right tho. Its all in the timing.

say you have 0V with no detectors on
1V for Sensor1
2V for S2
you could do this with a simple voltage divider....
take the output from each sensor....and divide with 2 resistors wht voltage to the desired value. you could use a pot instead
then take the output from all the sesnsors and connect them with diodes to one single output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back