Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra low power consumption 256Mb SPI memory for MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipeo

Hello,

I'm new to this topic, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to come up with a prototype which will be writing ~70kB/sec of data using ultra low-power MCU (well, that's that idea). The amount of data is up to 256 Mb. I googled and the best I found is Macronix products, for example - this Serial NOR Flash. But I really have no idea if this is the right tool for the job and what are my options overall.
I have to point out - this should be ultra low power solution (for Vcc 1.65 - 3.3 V or something like that).

I'd appreciate any suggestions - from links to articles to available products.
I prefer TI MCU's but that's just something I have worked with. It could be any other ultra low power MCU in case the memory requires a particular one or it has better characteristics.

Also, SPI is preferred as I understand this is the best interface supported by MCU's.

Thank you.
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back