Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TWD-120 oscilloscope help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
I have two, Tektronix TWD 120 oscilloscope digitizers. These were made as field service units and worked with PCs as the monitor. Tektronics stopped support when Windows migrated past Win 3.1. The interface is SCSI, and my computers do not recognize them, even when I roll windows back to Win95. I tried getting back to Win 3.1, but couldn't do that with the version of DOS (6.22) that I had. I also tried different SCSI boards.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with these units? There is one report on the internet about hacking a couple of files (winaspi.dll and vaspid.386) to make them work, but I did not have success with that.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I hate to throw away anything that might potentially be made to work.

Thanks, John

Hi John,
Have a look at this:

**broken link removed**

You can get SCSI to USB adaptors.

Thanks Eric,

I forgot to mention that I also tried a SCSI to USB adapter without success. The PC found the adapter, but the Tek software effectively didn't. I have read that the problem may be in the Tek software that expects the SCSI to be loaded first. One could set the order with Win3.1 (was it autoexec.bat ?) but not with later versions.

Of course, it could also be electronic in the TWD, but there is absolutely no chance of getting any info from Tek about that unit.
John

have a look for "dosbox" it's a portable app meaning it will give you a DOS system within a widows enviroment, Win3.1 really was dos tarted up.

I will try it, but the Tek application is actually Win based. I agree about Win 3.1, it wasn't much different than a lot of overlays.

We all thank Dan Rather for making "tart" into a verb :) I love the word, and apparently, since it's origin was with the left-wing poster child, it is still PC.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back