Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung and Sharp are the largest mfgrs. of plasma/LCD panels, providing them for scores of other private label mfgrs. I don't know if Sony mfgs. their own panels these days sine they don't perform as much in-house work as they used to. I have a Samsung LCD and I couldn't be happier. The images are stuning in Hi-res. I also have a Samsung plasma that runs well other than chronic image burn-in on the screen. It doesn't take long for a text box or text to leave it's subtle image behind. I remove it using a pgm. I have on DVD disc. It runs for several hours and everything looks fine after that. I do not care for plasma sets... never have. (personal opinion)

Samsung and Sharp are the largest mfgrs. of plasma/LCD panels, providing them for scores of other private label mfgrs. I don't know if Sony mfgs. their own panels these days sine they don't perform as much in-house work as they used to.

I don't think Samsung provide panels to other manufacturers?, their panels are made by S-LCD (a joint venture between Samsung and Sony), and they can't provide enough panels to keep Samsung and Sony happy, which is why Sony are using Sharp panels in some of their sets these days (plus various other makes of panel as well).

Sony used to make their own Trinitron tubes, but never had any LCD technology - so S-LCD (in my opinion) is Samsung technology with Sony money :D

S-LCD is owned 50/50 by Samsung and Sony - but Samsung have one extra share above that.

I intended to say about Chimei. They're Chinese based LCD panel manufactures and also have their own monitors. Almost all reputed companies use their panels even Samsung too. That's the funny thing :)

The panel quality is noway better or equal to original Samsung panels, but it's all about a matter of cost reduction, in short they just sells the brandname now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back