Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTL to 6V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculus

Dear Friends,

I require +6V to close a switch, I am using a TTL pulse to close the switch. Is there anyway to change the +5V to +6V using a device, when the TTL pulse goes back to 0V the device also needs to go back to 0V ?:confused:

Thank you very much.

Calculus

hi,

Can you tell us what the 'Switch' and TTL devices are ? - a little circuit diagram might help..

Dear Wp100,

The Switch is actually not a switch, my mistake. It is a device like a relay, that responds to a 6V level to close it but 0V to open it. I have to however only use this relay because it is very fast : rise time ~1microsec.

The TTL signal is the control. It simply goes to the control pin of the device. This TTL signal originated from a counter board.

I was thinking of inserting a comparator between the counter board and the relay. I actually wanted your advice if a comparator will do the job and if you could recommend a part number.

Thank you kindly

Calculus

Hi,

Think this is what you are after - use 6v instead of the shown 12v.
The transistor depends on the current your switch needs - for under 500ma a BC337 would do.

Attachments

• relay_example.jpg
    relay_example.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 585
TTL guaranteed output levels are 0.4v to 2.8v with specs on current sourced and current sinked at each level. The output TTL V-I curves help to give you a more accurate solution.

Sometimes you need a b-e resistor to make sure the xsistor fully turns off when driven by a TTL gate.

Depending on what you are driving and the signal sense you require, a single silicon diode in series with the relay device, with the cathode connected to the TTL gate, might work. Then you are using the gate output as an open-collector pulldown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back