Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to find step up transformer 6 - 24v to 120V

Status
Not open for further replies.

syoung4

I am trying to find a minature Step up transformer from 6 - 24v Dc - 120V that will fit on to a circuit board. I have looked every where but I can not find one. The circuit I am trying to make is on **broken link removed** it is for my daughters boy friend who does magic shows and will be put into a chair gag.

would any one know where I could get one of these transformers?
I live in England.
Thank you.

syoung4 said:
I am trying to find a minature Step up transformer from 6 - 24v Dc - 120V that will fit on to a circuit board. I have looked every where but I can not find one. The circuit I am trying to make is on **broken link removed** it is for my daughters boy friend who does magic shows and will be put into a chair gag.

would any one know where I could get one of these transformers?
I live in England.
Thank you.

Look for the more common step-down types that take mains down to 6-24VRMS and hook it up backwards. In otherwords, wire the primary windings to the secondary side of the circuit and the secondary windings to the primary side of the circuit. Since the application is for a shock box, you wont run into current handling problems (the primaries are a much higher gauge wire due to the low current & many more turns required)

but if the output flyback voltage is high enough, you might run into voltage breakdown internal to the transfomer. If this is transient in nature, it probably wont be an issue other than not achieving the highest possible shock voltage but it does stress the internal insulation. You'll probably have to try one and find out.

If you want to be hardcore use a 6:240V transformer.

Seriously though, I would even consider building this project, well not for the prupose you're intending it for, it could seriously injure or even kill.

If the pot in series with the transformer survives and is turned to a low resistance, then the output of the entire circuit is powerful and deadly.

To someone without clothing!

If they were wearing clothing they probably wouln't feel a thing. You need more than 1kV to form an arc caperbal of penetrating clothing.

I guess the victim must sit on sharp needles that are connected to the circuit. Then why bother with the high voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back