Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble with ADXL335 accelerometer (analog XYZ +-3G)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

Ok, time again to admit, i'm stupid when it comes to new gear, but to be honest, who would know everything off-shelf? must be boring...
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADXL335.pdf
But, off to question, i got myself ADXL335 3-axis accelerometers
what causes me trouble in understanding is table 12. (+-0G)
I know that currently (joke...) there is 1G gravity pulling stuff towards earth wer'e standing.
But, how is that 1G effected and must be taken account when measuring either free-fall, or static acceleration like sideways along x-axis?
Sorry if this confusing question, ask if you didn't understand my drift

figure 24, different positions vs gravity is what i'm after, page 16 on pdf

You add or subtract (depending on the orientation, as depicted on figure 24) the 1g voltage value, 300 mV typ, from the zero g static value, 1,5V typ.

For instance, if the part is sitting on a table, oriented like the right-most picture in figure 24,
Xout = 1,5V
Yout = 1,5V
Zout = 1,2V

The last table is 5.
i meant in table of contents table 12, seems you are correct still, there are two ''tables'' so to say in datasheet
search for: AXES OF ACCELERATION SENSITIVITY (copy-paste bringed that caps-lock)

and umm, how should i intercept that table so earth's gravity has least effect? because it seems to have great impact on sensitivity, like if i want to measure horizontal acceleration, i really don't want earths gravity to mess up...i mean so i can get true reading without earth gravity mixed in. of course there is always small amount, but the basic idea would be great to understand

I now tend to use PDF page x and less of document page y because an angry OP. Page and PDF page were different.
Figure, tables etc all have numbers starting from 1.

fezder said:
But, how is that 1G effected and must be taken account when measuring either free-fall, or static acceleration like sideways along x-axis?

One problem is temperature compensation. G may be constant, but g is not. tides, for instance can affect g.

I think it responds to magnetic N.

They are all vectors. I have an altimeter/compass that, in part, of it's "calibration", you have to slowly turn it on a "level" surface.

The acceleration is a vector in 3D space and treated as such.

I now tend to use PDF page x and less of document page y because an angry OP. Page and PDF page were different.
yeah, i too confuse between those, i should probadly tell that this page on PDF etc....thanks for noting
One problem is temperature compensation
hmm, well thankfully it doesn't vary too much in small changes, but then again if temperature swings between -20 to 20, then it is issue at least in precise readings

Vectors in 3D: https://www.intmath.com/vectors/7-vectors-in-3d-space.php

So, say in a "horizontal world", slowly rotate and take the average of x, y and z and subtract them. Now, your reference is (0,0,0) You can get say "horizontal" component by just looking at the horizontal component. If it were at an angle, you could take the initial accceleration of (0,0,0) and a final one of (x,y,z) and compute the length and angle of resulting vector.

If you integrate a, you will get velocity and integrating velocity you would get distance knowing the initial conditions.

I now also repeat the question in the title. The amp one that you replied to is a perfect example. The model # is in the title only. Not good practice. So, a reminder to look at the title for "missing data".

Phew, that was bit chewing
I now also repeat the question in the title. The amp one that you replied to is a perfect example. The model # is in the title only. Not good practice. So, a reminder to look at the title for "missing data".
umm, i really didn't understand, what amp?

This thread: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/technics-su-vx700-main-bord-repair-help-needed.146513/
The model # is only in the Title. The OP WillyPA said

Title: Technics SU-VX700 main bord repair(help needed!)

So, I got my hands on this old Technics su-vx700 (missing info) amplifier but the left channel is all loud crackle even at min volume while the right channel is clean and functional on all speaker settings (A, B, A+B). I inspected the boards and found 4 components completely burnt out. so much so that it was impossible to read the component ids. upon inspection of the repair manual I think they are two capacitors : (680p) and two resistors: (1/4W 680). My question is this: Should it be possible to replace these components with any that match these specs?

I added the model # in bold above. Fez, you replied to the thread. I essentially gave everyone a place to go to get the SM for free if they want to help without a direct link.

OK, now I noticed that he was unable to read the "component ID's" It might be better said as "Component values". Terminology: Values (e.g. 100 ohm 1/4 W), markings (SMT gibberish), designator (Rx, Cx) etc. We have language, newbee and terminology issues. Knowing the designator it's more possible that those components are a sign that something else is wrong.

ah that thread, hehe. Didn't combine that amp to thread amp....
yeah, i've also noted that resistors and caps don't burn only themselves: something faulty destroys them mostly :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back