Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Technics SU-VX700 main bord repair(help needed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

willypa

So, I got my hands on this old Technics amplifier but the left channel is all loud crackle even at min volume while the right channel is clean and functional on all speaker settings (A, B, A+B). I inspected the boards and found 4 components completely burnt out. so much so that it was impossible to read the component ids. upon inspection of the repair manual I think they are two capacitors: (680p) and too resistors: (1/4W 680). My question is this: Should it be possible to replace these components with any that match these specs?

If the right channel is working then look at it to find out what the burned parts are in the left channel. Then you need to find out why those parts burned so the new ones don't burn too.

I'm not sure if it would help, but could you share that repair manual at least portion of where those components are? :)

perhaps use that cloud-service (can't recall that name....) when we tried to fix those 'scopes KISS? i'm planning to get some time to get back to 'em....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back