Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triggering of Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

wah

Hello all,
I have made a circuit of rechargable battery with auto turn off using zener diode to check if a certain voltage level across the battery is attained and if this happen it turns the relay on and short circuit the circuit and battery does not charge anymore.

The problem in my circuit is when the battery is charging or say the zener diode is not short the relay keeps turning on/off (triggering). Is there any solution to this problem. Please tell me about it.

Thanks in advance!!!:)

If you post the schematic of your set-up we are more likely to be able to help.

That's a start, but without the component values it doesn't help much :(

There is 240 to 24 V step down transformer than we have a 7806 volatage regulater which output passes through a diode and then it is connected to rechareable battery. Then we have a zener diode of 6V which turns the relay on when the battery is charged.

You need hysteresis or a latch connection to prevent the oscillations you are observing. I can't see your schematic clearly enough to tell you exactly what to do. If you have a spare relay contact you could use that to latch the relay open once the battery reaches full charge. You then reset the relay with a PB switch or removing the power.

I'm also having problems with your schematic. It is too fuzzy to read component values. Also, there is no clear distinction between wire crossovers and joins. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back