Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitting Camera Video wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

Hi,

I'd like to build wireless intercom.

The block diagram is as follows: (the blue lines are the connections between each 2 adjacent blocks)

{Camrea (Vid+Aud)} <-RS232-> {Miwi RF Radio} <--Wireless--> {Miwi RF Radio} <-I2C-> {LCD}

(Miwi RF Radio uses PIC18F46J50, 32KHz crystal)

Is it practical to transfer the Camera's video + audio Serially via RS232, then the data wirelessly via Miwi Radio, and then via I2C to a GLCD + Speaker?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Audio and RS232 is not good.
The video can be compressed and sent very slow.

I agree with the last two comments.
To transmit video you need the bandwidth of a broadcast transmitter. If you compress the video then less bandwidth. Many cameras are high resolution than broadcast so you need a faster signal. Either way you need a great deal of information in a short time. RS232 was never built for video or even just audio.

There are a number of 2.4ghz wireless cameras. They work but they seem to eat up the 2.5ghz band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back