Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformation of independant variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am learning signals and system from yesterday. Today i have crossed topic called"transformation on independent variable ". Under that there is 1)time scaling 2)time shifting 3)time reversal

i would like to know where we use this operation. Myself found that time scaling is used when we need to compress date(time compression) and when we want to recover the compressed data(expanison).

But i want to know that application or where we use the time shifting and time reversal.Thank you in advance​

i am learning signals and system from yesterday. Today i have crossed topic called"transformation on independent variable ". Under that there is 1)time scaling 2)time shifting 3)time reversal

i would like to know where we use this operation. Myself found that time scaling is used when we need to compress date(time compression) and when we want to recover the compressed data(expanison).

But i want to know that application or where we use the time shifting and time reversal.Thank you in advance​

Are you sure that doesn't meaning shifting and reversal in a program?

As an example, I needed to write an application that would tell me what the date of the 4th Wednesday of any given month of any given year would be.

In this instance, time shifting would be moving to the month in question and searching for the nearest Wednesday. Given the date of the Wednesday and the length of the month I can figure out what the date of the 4th Wednesday is.

Reversal isn't something I needed, but think of trying to find the date of the 4th Wednesday of July, 1778.

Or am I way off track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back