Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transform 110vac 60hz to 208,220vac 60hz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but whats wrong with getting 208 Volts @ 9-10 Amps from a stove plug?

He needs to use it to cook, he can't have the unit running while the stove is in use. Code violation, if the landlord see's the installation he'll be in some hot water.

I still believe his best option, is to contact his landlord and ask if he can install a dedicated 30Amp Breaker and an outlet to a good location in the apartment.

He needs to use it to cook, he can't have the unit running while the stove is in use. Code violation, if the landlord see's the installation he'll be in some hot water.

I still believe his best option, is to contact his landlord and ask if he can install a dedicated 30Amp Breaker and an outlet to a good location in the apartment.
Well he have it running all the time.
Any electrical work will need to be done by a licensed electrician and inspected to meet code, especially in an apartment.
You could cheat and pull one 110 volt leg out of one outlet, and get the other phase out of another outlet to get 220 volts at 20 amps max.

You could cheat and pull one 110 volt leg out of one outlet, and get the other phase out of another outlet to get 220 volts at 20 amps max.

I thought about that one, the problem with that is, most electrical house wiring includes other endpoints e.g. other outlets lights who knows what?

Good idea, but could go terribly wrong and Yes, only a license electrician would know the difference. I wish they did have some dedicated circuits that would apply. It would be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back