Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toner Transfer Papers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember now, it's called dextrin. If there are kids around you can have great fun mixing the powder with a little water and pretending it's snot!

Anyway, Sarma is right, the yellow paper is really good and by far the easiest to use. It has a very thin plastic coating which seals the toner somewhat. I made a good number of boards with it before switching to dry photo resist film. (To try to give some kind of perspective: going from regular paper to the yellow paper is like going from VHS to DVD. Making the switch to photo resist is like going from DVD to Blu-Ray)

Also I got fairly good results putting some old glossy inkjet photo paper through the laser printer, before I discovered the yellow paper. Not as good as the yellow paper, better than hunting around trying to find just the "right" magazine pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back