Toggle Switch help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hi Guys how to toggle this switch electrically without touching physically.

Attachments

• tank_project.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 168
The circuit is a 4013 D type flip flop set up as a bi stable switch. Pressing the PB changes states, pushing it again changes states again. The clock input is pin 3 so if you clock pin 3 it will change states. How you clock it or waht you clock it with is up to you. I don't get what you are asking or wanting to do? In your circuit we are turning a relay on and off with button presses.

Also since the chip is a dual FF you are only using 1/2 the chip in the drawing.

This link may better help you understand the chip. Ron

Last edited:
I don't get what you are asking or wanting to do?

Seems pretty clear to me: the O.P. wants to trigger the circuit without manually pushing the button.

So wouldn't a simple transistor circuit work here? Connect the C and E of the Q to where the switch is now; drive the Q into saturation to close the switch? Could be triggered from practically anything.

Last edited:

Yeah, but it's a pretty open question. I want to change states of a D flip flop without using a push button switch. Well run anything in for a clock.

Doesn't want to use the button but does not mention what they would like to use. The link shows a clock driving the clock in. Maybe that will amuse them.

Ron

Well, it could be a signal from any number of other circuits or devices, couldn't it, Ron? or a microprocessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…