Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toggle Switch help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hi Guys how to toggle this switch electrically without touching physically.

Attachments

• tank_project.PNG
    tank_project.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 167
The circuit is a 4013 D type flip flop set up as a bi stable switch. Pressing the PB changes states, pushing it again changes states again. The clock input is pin 3 so if you clock pin 3 it will change states. How you clock it or waht you clock it with is up to you. I don't get what you are asking or wanting to do? In your circuit we are turning a relay on and off with button presses.

Also since the chip is a dual FF you are only using 1/2 the chip in the drawing.

This link may better help you understand the chip. Ron

Last edited:
I don't get what you are asking or wanting to do?

Seems pretty clear to me: the O.P. wants to trigger the circuit without manually pushing the button.

So wouldn't a simple transistor circuit work here? Connect the C and E of the Q to where the switch is now; drive the Q into saturation to close the switch? Could be triggered from practically anything.

Last edited:
Seems pretty clear to me: the O.P. wants to trigger the circuit without manually pushing the button.

So wouldn't a simple transistor circuit work here? Connect the C and E of the Q to where the switch is now; drive the Q into saturation to close the switch? Could be triggered from practically anything.

Yeah, but it's a pretty open question. I want to change states of a D flip flop without using a push button switch. Well run anything in for a clock. :)

Doesn't want to use the button but does not mention what they would like to use. The link shows a clock driving the clock in. Maybe that will amuse them.

Ron

Well, it could be a signal from any number of other circuits or devices, couldn't it, Ron? or a microprocessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back