Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Circuit Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomeee

Hi Chaps, I am trying to design a noise protection system for use at work. I have already bought a noise level monitor, which has a 5vdc 4.4mA output, from this i have also got a AC remote relay. This in itself would be ok but when the noise level reaches a certain level i want the warning lights which the above powers to stay on for a time period for example 10 minutes, so that the lights are not flashing on and off constantly, due to anomalies in the sound level. I have looked at the timing circuit threads on here but the main question is , how can i incorporate a timing circuit to be powered on a single phase 230Vac supply.
Cheers for any help tom

You could use a 555 timer as a one shot, 10 minutes might be too long for reliability though.

Above is a link to a good 555 timer tutorial which includes a one shot circuit and shows you how to calculate the resistor and capacitor needed for various time delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back