Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timed triggering, mono stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkidd22

Hello,

I'm working on a circuit to fire at a pressie time. I was thinking of using a 555 timer for this but want some opinions.

I have a 20uS, 5V trigger coming out of a control unit. This trigger has to then initiate a timer for 192uS and return to its original state after time runs out.
Any ideas will be welcomed. Another device I though of was the CD74HC221M, the rise time and fall times must be very fast as well, about 10ns.

The CD74HC221M would likely have a faster rise and fall time than a 555 but lower output current. What is your load?

Thanks, I looked around and I think the LTC6993-1 will also do the job.
The output of the timer is going into a 50Ohm terminated circuit, so I think I might have to use an MC74HC244A and wire inputs and output in parallel to get it going.

A 555 into a MOSFET driver should do it as well. You can tune the 555 oneshot to 191+uS to 'advance' the driver pulse so that you end up with a 0 ns end lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back