Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timed Input Switch Design help required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro

I have got my hands on a single channel remote keyfob and reciever. I want to build a circuit that takes the input and times it and gives an signal on a output line for 1 sec or so.

There is 2 stages required:

1st Stage:

If button is held for under 2 seconds, Lock/Unlock Doors
If button is held for over 2 seconds, Actuate Boot Solernoid

2nd Stage (only if button is held for under 2 seconds):
Alternate between Unlock and Lock Signals.

Notes:
Each output signal must be able drive a single relay. The power supply available is 12V DC, any other voltages required must be fed by this 12v supply. If possible, i would prefer not to use a Microcontroller as i do not have a programmer or any knowledge of using them. I have done some high school electronic circuits before.

Thanks for any suggestions :D :idea:

pyro said:
I have got my hands on a single channel remote keyfob and reciever. I want to build a circuit that takes the input and times it and gives an signal on a output line for 1 sec or so.

There is 2 stages required:

1st Stage:

If button is held for under 2 seconds, Lock/Unlock Doors
If button is held for over 2 seconds, Actuate Boot Solernoid

2nd Stage (only if button is held for under 2 seconds):
Alternate between Unlock and Lock Signals.

Notes:
Each output signal must be able drive a single relay. The power supply available is 12V DC, any other voltages required must be fed by this 12v supply. If possible, i would prefer not to use a Microcontroller as i do not have a programmer or any knowledge of using them. I have done some high school electronic circuits before.

Thanks for any suggestions :D :idea:

I would suggest a pic micro for this kind of thing. Easy to program this function. If you want to use logic parts, consider monostable multivibrator circuits & flipflops. Also called "one shot" Google for them for reference designs. If your 12V source is the harsh automobile environment, plan on having some protection for your logic voltage regulator from high voltage transients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back