Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time delay circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i got the answer

i am only 14 but i do a engineering diploma and currently doing alot on time delays at the moment :L got a 2 day exam next week on them so:

On the top rial, first parallel line, put a variable resistor followed by an electrolytic capacitor, then a push to make switch. In between the variable resistor and electro capacitor, have a rail going to the right with a resistor then 2 transistors ( Darlington pair ). On the second parallel line put your output, in this case a loudspeaker or buzzer etc. On the top rail have a open close switch to rest the time delay.

I created my own time delay for boiling eggs for 5 mins etc on a comp program, basically when you push the push to make switch the electro capacitor builds up for 5 minutes ( what i set it to in farads) and then it releases it all making the voltage less than 0.7 above it , in between itself and the variable resistor therefore turning the loud speak on.

You can adjust this to your fire alarm hopefully.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back