Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Time/delay circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonanz

I know this is something simple but i've done a little searching and can't find what i'm looking for and it's been a while since digital logic courses, but i can't work it up form scratch for the life of me....

I'm looking for digital logic circuit/gate that everything starts at 0 (low) and then if high is input, the output is high, but only for about 5 seconds, then the output goes low again, nomatter if the input stays high or goes low again.

I hope i explained it clearly, but basically the effect would be, press a button to turn on a LED or something for 5 seconds or so, if you hold the button down it goes for 5 seconds and turns off, if you press it and let go it will hold it for 5 seconds and turn off, either way once the led goes low it is ready to be turned on again.

Thanks
bonanz

Hi Luis,

Sounds like you mean a flip-flop circuit.

John :)

See this circuit:

Attachments

• On_Off_153.gif
    On_Off_153.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 3,119
im sorry the time
not a flip flop circuit but impulse relay circuit with one boton
i send a picture with a circuit like i want but this have two switches

Attachments

• TOUCH_SWITCH.zip
    58.6 KB · Views: 380