Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This one looks a little fishy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the final 486 processor that was made by Intel. It was a DX100, 100MHz and it was a small surface-mount IC on a daughter board with a 3.3V regulator. The daughter board was the same size as the older 486 processors and plugged in like one. No heatsink. It had double the amount of cache and a few other goodies like the 1st Pentium used.

It ran Win98 and high-speed internet just fine. Norton anti-virus scanning stopped it cold.

That's true, anti-virus is horribly bloated.

If you want to save memory don't use a memory resident AV program and disable the auto-updater.

Are there any good none memory res AV programs? I miss typing

c:\scan c: /s

I boot my laptop and by the time it autoupdates, scans, load the background stuff.. I forgot why I turned on my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back