Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This one looks a little fishy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mramos1

**broken link removed**

EBM OU power plants. Anyone seen of heard of one?

They claim it was done in 1980's in Texas, but I have not seen any in the US.

And the control station picture looks to have like a 120Mhz 486 machine on the desk and 15" VGA tube monitor.. Humm!

I'm not convinced either, why haven't they taken over the world?

Hmm, that would be cool!

Oh, and i think that system is an AMD K6, or an INTEL PENTIUM. Not sure, though.

They didn't give much detail on what kind of fuel it uses, but did mention the purchase price includes fuel for 40 years. If fuel is consumed, then there must be emissions or some waste product. Even nuclear power plants produce waste. And of course there's the over unity claim... For a 26 year old business, selling something nobody else could accomplish, really odd that this has come up before. Wonder if it runs off 'Joe Cells'?

Mark256, I was looking at the number display on it. But you might be right, the old one were only 2 digits.

Harvey, Joe cells. That is a good one. So I guess we will still have water in 40 years.

Hero, let all build on can take other this rock.. It needs some work.

On the ABC news the AM, they said 60% on the pollution in Califonia is from China. No wonder that place has so much smog..

Energy By Motion? Seems like a complex word for generator...

The self-reliant EBM plant uses its own self-generated electromagnetic fuel

Yeap, Sounds Like a generator to me. If you look at the pic, it looks like theres a motor on the back..

Perhaps it's nuclear but they just secretly sell the waste for use in weapons.

mramos1 said:
Mark256, I was looking at the number display on it. But you might be right, the old one were only 2 digits.
Usually, the numbers on the outside of the case mean a computer number. I had a computer a while back(now deceased), that had an LED display on it. It came from a computer lab. They were to stand as the computer number. So, if a computer had a problem, they could just tell the tech person "Yeah, computer 120 needs a new hard drive", instead of say "Yeah, you know that white computer next to Bob's computer, it needs a new hard drive".
Very clever design. But, i could be wrong. :)

I think I should leave this is ****-chat and not here, but I thought it was funny.

If you look at some of the photos I thought I saw wood holding some of the high tech coils (OK they just looked like big coils). And the size of the units, but they are talking megawatts..

Mark256: Not a bad idea on the PC numbering but I would just use stickers. I recall years ago jumpering a couple cheap PC cases with 2 digits displays. I hope that guy gets paid a lot. It took me more time to set the LEDs than to assemble the computer.

Hero: What if you are right. :D North Korea is providing the fuel maybe :eek:. Interesting, it needs fuel (that does not polute) and you get 40 years worth included free (calculated out with some formula we could obviously never understand). But that does sound like a generator, a magic one.

Is anyone gonna go see it. They have shows a couple times a month. :p

Overclocked: It is a special motor or fake one to protect this advanced technology (designed from Texas USA; wonder if a Bush project slipped out).

mramos1 said:
Mark256: Not a bad idea on the PC numbering but I would just use stickers. I recall years ago jumpering a couple cheap PC cases with 2 digits displays. I hope that guy gets paid a lot. It took me more time to set the LEDs than to assemble the computer.

Yes, it's usually just a simple LED display with jumpers to show the speed of the processor - you have to set it twice, once for 'normal' speed, and once for 'turbo' speed.

And as you say, it's a real pain trying to get them set right - presumably, like the ones I've played with, you didn't have the instructions?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
And as you say, it's a real pain trying to get them set right - presumably, like the ones I've played with, you didn't have the instructions?.

Correct. That's the display. And that was a long time ago and I still recall it..

Could be. But it doesn't make any sense to say that on the front with LEDs. Sounds stupid. Also, i didn't know that the i486 was 120mhz. I thought the K6 and Pentium was?

Marks256 said:
Could be. But it doesn't make any sense to say that on the front with LEDs. Sounds stupid.

It was common practice!, don't you remember 'turbo buttons', actually they were really 'slow it down buttons', reducing the speed down to standard PC speed, in case some software didn't like a faster nachine.

mramos1 said:
**broken link removed**

EBM OU power plants. Anyone seen of heard of one?

They claim it was done in 1980's in Texas, but I have not seen any in the US.

And the control station picture looks to have like a 120Mhz 486 machine on the desk and 15" VGA tube monitor.. Humm!
may be a radio thermal generator..?

I got the latest processor for my old 486 pc. It is 100MHz and is a surface-mount IC with a voltage regulator on a pcb the same size as the original through-holes 486 IC. No fan. It has a few parts from the 1st Pentium in it.

I used it for years with a 2.1GB hard drive running Windows 98.

Hmm, yeah, i remeber the TURBO buttons. Never understood them, but that clears it up. I stand corrected....

This just looks a LITTLE fishy???
As soon as ANYONE even HINTS at saying that something is a "overdrive"...or "over-unity", your BS meter should be pegged at MAXIMUM.
They use the term "overdrive" and "overdriven" a bit too often.

"The average turn-key-cost of the EBM Power Plants is less than 2,000 USD/kW depending upon the MW size of the plant; This includes fuel for 40 years!"

Ok, so we have a statement saying that it does require fuel....but absolutely NO mention of what the fuel is...only that it ISNT nuclear.

I remember my first computer had a huge LED display on the front to indicate things like microprocessor speed, cabinet temperature....supposidly hardware fault reporting.....as did most computers at the time.
Ultimatly it was dropped quickly, as it was a bit of useless mumbo-jumbo, that was simply used to further entrance the public with their new toy

Last edited:
I had a look here and all the pictures seemed to be dated in 2006 including the computer and screen so who is leading this thread and who is following blindly.

Go back and have a look at the site. Perhaps then you can post a link to where you refer and I can get some idea about what you are on about.

High power magnets would be a possible "fuel" and maybe they deteriorate over 40 years and need replacing? Have you tried those magnets inside hard drives yet. Don't throw one away without saving the magnet. Bloody strong

You gotta be careful with those hard drive magnets, they'll wreck monitors, and even slight brushes against metals will leave them permenantly magnetize. Not to mention credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back