Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tesla coil problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to get my hands on a neon sign transformer but i wasent able to find one, I have however ordered a ZVS module for my flyback witch will arive in a week or so.
(also what do you mean with LOPT?)
Cool, ZVS would definitely be the way to go for a Tesla coil application.

"LOPT" stands for "Line Output Transformer". It's another name for a "Flyback Transformer".

oh my flyback transformer sparking?
Yes, I'd be interested to see a video of the output of the flyback transformer when it's not connected to the Tesla coil.

Yes, I'd be interested to see a video of the output of the flyback transformer when it's not connected to the Tesla coil.
sure thing:
ezgif-5-7c1da8f881.gif

May I ask why you keep uploading GIFs instead of actual videos? You can insert YouTube links, for example, using the "Insert" button at the top of the post editing pane.

It finally arived!
It does not seem to have a centertap for my coil wich confuses me.. since every other flyback zvs driver seems to have a centertap.
So i will just let you guide me trough the process so i dont accedentaly kill it.
My new bench power supply(30v 10amps) also arrived (wich i love :D).
33988250_2138739736355559_1525384689173397504_n.jpg
33942320_2138739579688908_4111213777439948800_n.jpg

I tried to get my hands on a neon sign transformer but i wasent able to find one, I have however ordered a ZVS module for my flyback witch will arive in a week or so.
(also what do you mean with LOPT?)
you could also use an oil furnace ignition transformer. when i was 14, i found one in the rubble of a building that had been torn down... that thing was great for jacobs ladders and tesla coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back