Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to make a video on Tesla Vs edison (AC / DC) please help with ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I need to make such a video for a "Formal English Class". I don't know really what to bring except talk a little bit about the AC/DC.
The idea is to talk a little bit of the historical aspect and also of the applications of both currents. Not to focus on the War of Currents (or not too much) but explain to a *dumb* public what things are.

I'll be doing something like an "accelerate drawing" type of video with voice over and that stuff (needs to have some X/Y graphics and perhaps a few drawings)

............. ;(

Well The Oatmeal has a really funny version of it, which contains expletives as well. I don't know if you want to refer to it. It pretty much sums up the layman's way of understanding it.

Technically, not very fulfilling.

Thanks guys, this is gold. I need to make a ± 8 minutes video with an introduction to AC/DC and presenting Tesla/Nikola and a bit of the War of Current.. It is going to be very difficult to do it quick but I would like to have that fit within about the 2 first minutes of the video.

Then, I need some graphs, I'll draw some alternating waves and explain a few things but I don't know how.
Here is an exemple of a previous video of mine ; Music tempo in phase with musical note frequencies : www.youtube.com/watch?v=xITUDAK_Nzg
It's nothing superb but it will give you an idea of the kind of video I'd like to do I guess... I could perhaps take some parts of this video.
I figure that showing what's an alternating and direct current won't fill the next 6 minutes and that's where I need you to drown me in a pool of ideas lol

It's all about formal/informal English. I think I have to take a bunch of technical terms and turn them into the layman's way.

At least, I'll be done with English afterward ! :)

There are many videos on the ac dc war on youtube to get you started.

I know it's stupid but I'm afraid to look BEFORE actually knowing exactly how I'm gonna do it, kind of not to falsify my direction
i know it's weird lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back