Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature with heatsinkcalculator software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mading2018

Hello :happy:,

I have in the recent days tried to simulate the temperatures levels in a charger (AC/DC-module) in a Heatsinkcalculator software:
**broken link removed**

Based on the power losses calculations for half-bridge, where we have two MOSFETs that are operating one at the time,
where one MOSFET have 18.47 W in power losses.

The question is: should the MOSFETs in the heat sink simulation have total power loss value: 18.47 W each? or should it be 9.23 W each?

Thank for all help I can get.

Attachments

• heatsinkcalcQUESTION.png
    heatsinkcalcQUESTION.png
    92 KB · Views: 228
If that 18.47W is the average of each MOSFET's power dissipation calculated over a complete cycle, then the total heatsink dissipation will be twice that.

Hello :happy:,

I have in the recent days tried to simulate the temperatures levels in a charger (AC/DC-module) in a Heatsinkcalculator software:
**broken link removed**

Based on the power losses calculations for half-bridge, where we have two MOSFETs that are operating one at the time,
where one MOSFET have 18.47 W in power losses.

The question is: should the MOSFETs in the heat sink simulation have total power loss value: 18.47 W each? or should it be 9.23 W each?

Thank for all help I can get.

Is the 18.47 W for mosfet only when it is in the ON state or is it the average of the full cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back