Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telephone voip adaptor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

avz

A few days ago a voip telephone adaptor was installed at my home. it works fine and its power source is a small 12V power supply that plugs into the wall socket. since I have a modem and a router and a wireless phone and each of them has its own power supply, I took an old pc atx power supply and used its 12V to feed all those consumers. the odd thing is that the modem' the router and the wireless phone are working fine. the voip phone adaptor doesn't work with the atx power supply. it seems to work - the leds are lit green and I have internet connection ( the voip adaptor is connected in series between the modem and the router) but no dial tone on the phone. the only differance between the original supply and the atx one is that on the original there is perhaps a filter on the wire, a black cylindrical one - picture attached. I wanted to make sure that this is the case, so I checked it a few times. with the original p.s. I have dial tone and with the atx - no dial tone. let me point that I've checked the atx 12V output and it's 11.8V and the other devices are working fine.
Waitng for your comments.
Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF0762..jpg
    DSCF0762..jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back