Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching Power Supplies Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am using a loudspeaker input to turn on a simple SR transistor data latch and use this to switch on a higher voltage circuit.
This is the circuit on yenka that I drew up (I haven't built it yet). The messier left hand side of the diagram is the bistable, the right hand side is the interesting bit - the switching transistor. This works in simulation. I know I could use a relay, but I don't have one and I would just genuinely like to know if this could work practically.
Another thing I noticed is that when I take the LHS supply voltage to 1.5V from 3V, the LED in the switching circuit stays on, can anyone explain this?
I've searched for this sort of design, but not really found anything, is there a reason for that?

Thanks for time,
TAM

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 11.01.31.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 11.01.31.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 177
when I take the LHS supply voltage to 1.5V from 3V, the LED in the switching circuit stays on, can anyone explain this?
1.5V is enough to keep the second and third transistors switched on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back