Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazatastico

Hi there,

I am trying to design a circuit capable of switching between 32 relays so that only 2 of my choice are selected at a time is there a IC/PIC that can do this?

If you know the answer to that one, I then have to perform a high Voltage insulation check between 2 points relating to those relays.

This somthing to save time at work, and im an electronics novice, any help will be greatly appreciated.

dazatastico said:
I am trying to design a circuit capable of switching between 32 relays so that only 2 of my choice are selected at a time is there a IC/PIC that can do this?

Two 4bit-to-16 decoders *might* be able to take care of your decoding needs if you can put the relays in two groups. This would not work if you need access to all 32 relays. You can use any of usual PIC microcontroller to control the decoders.

Or you can use 8051 with internal program so that all four port pins are available to control the relays and that gives you 32 control signals without using decoders.

dazatastico said:
If you know the answer to that one, I then have to perform a high Voltage insulation check between 2 points relating to those relays.

High voltage insulation check has nothing to do with your control circuit. It is a relay thing. You need to use relays with contacts that can stand the high voltage.

Two 4bit-to-16 decoders *might* be able to take care of your decoding needs

You must mean two demultiplexers. This circut would be good for driving the relays. Just be sure to put transistors(with a couple kohm resistor on the base) on outputs of the DE-MUXes and drive the relays with them using a pic or any other uC with at least 8 outputs and a couple of inputs(dont know what you really want there??).

Božo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back