Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switching circuit with overcurrent protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonalip

i am using PIC controller which senses a digital input through a switch. switches are pulled up to 5 volts. (PIC requires gnd voltage to sense the digital sensor). i want overcurrent protection for that switch (in case of short circuit). can i use LM317 as a switch which also gives constant current to pic input pin? or any other circuit that i can use for this project.
thank u in advance.

i hav attached the basic ckt. when switch is open pic pin is at +5v and when switch is closed pic pin is gnded. i want the protection in case when switch is closed and smbody short gnd with +5v / +12v then my power supply ckt is burned so i want overcurrent protection at the input switch.

Attachments

• ckt.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back